modern living + innovative design + inspiring ideas
Dart Modern Bronze 21-Inch-WPendant Light
“If you don’t include at least one geometric design in your home, shame on you!”
- P. Daniels, Photo Stylist
About Euro Style Home
Dwell on Design
My Modern Met
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Are you planning to travel anytime soon? If Mexico is on your list of places to visit, then you must stop in Mexico City for the architecture, design, nightlife... and food!
Romita Comedor Restaurant in Mexico City, located in the heart of Colonia Roma, should be one of your foodie stops, and not just for the fabulous cuisine, but for the cool interior design
The building, protected by the INBA (Instituta Nacional de Bellas Artes), dates back to early 1900s, with a style inspired by grand railway stations.
We love the large windows, high ceilings, vintage style dining furniture and checkered flooring. Romita Comedor is known for authentic Mexican cuisine, great cocktails and live entertainment by well-known DJs. We imagine that the black ceiling fans and cool pendant lighting help the parties go on into the early morning hours...
One of our favorite aspects of the design is the collection of hanging plants throughout the restaurant. The large windows make this beautiful greenery possible.
How to get this dining style in your own home? Here's a start....
1. Emerson Loft Ceiling Fan - 60" Barbeque Black
2. Rio Brass with White Shade Robert Abbey Pendant Light
3. Jamie Young Campaign Silver 30-Inch-H Folding Dining Table
4. Sparrow Modern Brown Wood Set of 2 Dining Chairs
5. Langdon Wood and Bronze Metal 42-Inch-H Barstool
Images: Cool Hunting
Over here in California, we're in a drought. So, to ease our pain, we decided to read about homes that have an abundance of foliage.
This green home was designed by architects Samyn and Partners for a family to use as both their home and workplace. It's located near Brussels and was completed in 2007.
I only wish I could see the interior of the home styled with modern furniture and unique modern lighting, but I suppose I can use my imagination...
At street level, the home features an entry hall, a family room and a kitchen. The living-room and the stairway are in the extension to the building. The second floor includes the master bedroom with its bathroom, as well as five children’s rooms and small bathrooms.
The vegetalised facade is composed of exotic plants chosen by the botanical artist Patrick Blanc.
I must give credit to one of our ESL contributors for the title of this post... Justina Blakeney has a very cool series on her Instagram account called 'Face the Foliage' where she creates art with foliage.
Images: Samyn and Partners
Image from Indulgy
Wedding season is here, and as much as we all love to celebrate with friends and family, many of us find it hard to seek out the perfect wedding gift at the right price. We're here to help!
Here are ten beautiful gifts, all under $100!
1. What's better than gifting the newlyweds with a fun way to start the day together?! This graphic mug set is a perfect start to their new life and their every day.
2. Give them the opportunity to save their important day in this distinctive mother of pearl frame.
3. They have to have something to put in their new mugs... This bold, black tea kettle is the perfect addition to their kitchen.
4. As newlyweds, they'll want to entertain and celebrate even after the wedding. Gift them this modern wine rack to hold their wine.
5. To pair with their red wines, they'll hopefully be making lots of caserole, so why not give them this modern white casserole serverware?!
6. The newlyweds need more than just things for the kitchen and entertaining, so why not provide them with stylish decor for their home? This contemporary wall clock is perfect.
7. This crystal candle holder is sure to dress up any party they host, or just dinner for two.
8. This modern cake stand isn't just for garden parties, they're also great for display.
9. What would their new holidays together be without cooking the perfect turkey in this nonstick roaster.
10. This large shiny bowl is perfect for holding fruit on a daily basis or chips for entertaining.
Image from Apartment Therapy
Whether you're on vacation or a busy work schedule, the bedroom should be somewhere calming and rejuvenating. Adopting some Feng Sui elements to your design will help create a perfect environment to help you relax at the end of the day and get ready for the start of a new one.
Here's some Feng Sui tips we recommend.
The good feng shui energy in your bedroom is destroyed when TV's and exercise equipment are present in your bedroom.
Image from Capital Building
Use soothing colors to achieve a good feng shui balance in your bedroom.
It's good to have different levels of lighting in your bedroom, for different uses. So, you could try modern wall sconces paired with modern lamps. It's also good to have a dimmer switch to adjust the energy accordingly.
Good lighting is very important, as light is our # 1 nutrient and one of the best sources of energy.
Candles are also a good feng shui bedroom lighting, but be sure to buy candles with no toxins.
Image from Design Milk
Windows are often a good quality air-purifier to keep the air fresh and full of oxygen. But be mindful of the quality of air in your bedroom. You cannot have good feng shui in your bedroom if the air you breathe in is stale and full of pollutants so you might want an air purifier if you live in urban areas.
Please note that plants in the bedroom are not good feng shui, unless your bedroom is fairly large and the plants are located far from the bed.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Images: Apartment Therapy, Capital Building, Design Milk
Image from Comparte Mi Moda
No matter how hard institutions try to update the look of their residence halls, there's something about dorm rooms and campus apartments that look...well...dormy. Luckily, with a few simple steps you can re-design your dorm room in short order:
Turn off that ugly fluorescent box that comes standard with the room and try using swag lamps instead. Look for plug-in chandelier and shade styles to get affordable style in a snap. (Safety tip: make sure to get help with electrical any work.)
Enchants Sheer Silver Crystal Rain Plug-in Swag Chandelier, Abstract Giclee Glow Brushed Steel Swag Unique Chandelier
Is a battered old table lamp included with the room? Perk it up with patterned lamp shades (or just stuff it in storage and start with a new one). Complement it with a throw rug and fun headboard. Who needs boring when bold will do much better?
Image from Better Homes & Gardens
With your lighting squared away, you can personalize the space a bit. Think textiles to soften, scented candles to kill the scent of ramen wafting through the halls and modern wall mirrors to lighten the look of your room:
Image from Belle Maison 23
Top to bottom: Eleganza 22 Inch Starburst, Vela 40 Inch Starburst
At your school dorm (or in rented small spaces in general), even just a few small decor improvements can go a long way.
Images: Comparte Mi Moda, Better Homes & Gardens, Belle Maison 23
Euro Style Home Blog
Receive the latest offers, promotions, and ideas... Sign Up For Email Alerts!