modern living + innovative design + inspiring ideas
Dart Modern Bronze 21-Inch-WPendant Light
“If you don’t include at least one geometric design in your home, shame on you!”
- P. Daniels, Photo Stylist
About Euro Style Home
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
1. Pick modern, white lighting for your walls and ceilings. White always looks modern and fresh and the whimsicality and playfulness can come from the shape of the light. I know my toddler would love that Lilypad Possini Euro Ceiling Light (below). She'd be mesmerized by all of the lights and point and smile in delight!
2. Pick modern kids furniture with amorphous shapes. The amorphous silhouettes of the 1960's will retain their classic, cool for years to come. For example, an S-chair and tulip-base-table have design details with longevity. And to make good news even better, your toddler won't get any horrible bumps or bruises from the furniture's sleek round edges!
Zuo Drop Stool Red ABS Fiberglass Modern Chair, Zuo Modern White 33-Inch-H Set of 2 S-Chairs, Wilco Glossy Yellow Modern 22 3/4-Inch-H Zuo Side Table, Genie Brushed Pink 10-Inch-H Touch Desk Lamp, Kite White and Blue Ikat Fabric Throw Pillow, Jonathan Adler Lantern White Wall Sconce, Jonathan Adler Reform White Wall Sconce, Haley Steel Modern 19-Inch-H Table Lamp with Touch Switch, Mid-Century Modern Coral Linen 32-Inch-H Annabelle Chair
3. Pick design objects that work like magic. The touch sensor lamps turn on and off with a simple touch. Your toddler will learn to turn it on and off easily and you can use the lamp as a teaching tool to teach your little-one to say words like 'on' and 'off'--and the style could easily be used as a desk lamp for kids and teens alike.
4. Use accessories with classic patterns. Patterns like ikat will never go out-of-style and these throw pillows would add a lovely punch of pattern to any room, for kids and adults.
5. Pick upholstered furniture. Upholstered furniture is great because it has padding to prevent injuries for clumsy toddlers, and if it has classic lines, like this Mid-Century Modern Annabelle Chair (above), then you can always get it recovered years down the line and it can grow up with your family.
Images: Modern Baby, Décor Pad, Alexis Lane
Design Tips: Modern Nursery For Mom + Baby
Receive the latest offers, promotions, and ideas... Sign Up For Email Alerts!