modern living + innovative design + inspiring ideas
Minka Aire Light WaveCeiling Fan - 52" White
“Your ceiling fan should feel seamless and act as a quiet contribution to your overall design!”
- B. Powers, Interior Designer
About Euro Style Home
Dwell on Design
My Modern Met
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Image from Nordic Design
The entryway is your home's first impression, and it's nice to give it a little update every once in awhile.
Depending on the size or layout of the space and your particular style, there are endless ways to jazz up a modern entryway!
Gold Leaf Bamboo Rectangular 32-Inch-H Tray Table / Edison Seeded Glass with Bronze 13-Inch-H Accent Lamp / Corbett Bangle Gold Tone 12-Inch-W Pendant
I'm going to share three ideas for a stylish entryway with you today, the first is focused on Mixed Metals in a small area.
This Gold Leaf Bamboo Tray Table is a great size and shape to accommodate the essentials – mail, keys, maybe a pretty vase of flowers. Throw in a small lamp like the Edison Seeded Glass with Bronze Accent Lamp and you've created the sweetest little vestibule.
Hang something graphic like this Corbett Bangle Gone Tone Pendant overhead for a little something extra and you're set!
Brunswick Espresso and White 30 1/4-Inch-H Console Table / Odelia Clear Glass Robert Abbey Table Lamp / Europa 8 Light Adjustable Bronze Swag Chandelier
I really like the idea of using the entryway as a catch all for what comes in and out the from door. This Brunswick Espresso and White Console Table is just the thing. Push a few bins underneath for storage, put bills and coupons in the drawers, then and add an Odelia Clear Glass Robert Abbey Table Lamp on top.
Throw in an extra light source with the Europa 8 Light Adjustable Bronze Swag Chandelier and take your style to an entirely new level of interesting.
Heywood Triple Natural Wood 14-Inch-H Zuo Bench / Onscreen Black with Matte Silver Adjustable Floor Lamp / Black Parallel Square Possini Euro Ceiling Chandelier
In my own entry I went with a Heywood Triple Natural Wood Zuo Bench that can easily be pulled into my living room for extra seating when I have company over.
Adding a designer floor lamp with a modern style, like the Onscreen Black with Matte Silver Adjustable Floor Lamp, can really make the space feel extra welcoming. I always like to have multiple light sources for option layers of warmth, and I love the way this Black Parallel Square Possini Euro Ceilig Chandelier vaguely mimics the lines of the Heywood Bench.
The takeaway: Don't be afraid to make a few small changes that will have a big impact. Mix it up and make it interesting!
Image: Nordic Design
Image from Domino
When decorating a new space the walls are literally a blank canvas just waiting for you to impart your personal mark upon them. Modern mirrors are an easy way to create a significant impact without breaking the bank.
While styling a blank wall is both exciting and necessary to make any home or space feel like it’s truly yours, it can also be extremely daunting. Design tip: choose serene and simple modern mirrors for your wall décor and you can't lose.
Image from Spaces
One of my favorite ways to utilize mirrors in a space is to cluster a bunch together and create a gallery wall of sorts. Just remember, while you want your mirrors to look cohesive, you don’t want them to be all the same.
So try mixing it up with different mirrored shapes, sizes or simple round wall mirror designs. For example bright gold, brass, antique gold, and neutrals would all fit in the same color family, but you avoid being too matchy-matchy.
Image from Vogue
And when all else fails go the more traditional route and simply add one large statement mirror. I love this look in a hallway or top of a stairwell with a gorgeous console table and of course a mirror can never look out of place above a fireplace.
Dark Bronze Polaris Star 31 1/2-Inch-H Unique Wall Mirror, Casbah White Resin 35-Inch-W Decorative Wall Mirror, Champagne with Beveled Glass Round Wall Mirror, Leather Strap 29-Inch-H Jamie Young Round Wall Mirror, Cooper Classic Glenarden Red 40-Inch-H Wall Mirror, Sunburst Reflections Antique Silver Resin Round Wall Mirror
Images: Domino, Spaces, Vogue
Image from Style Files
When square footage is an issue, every inch counts, and one chic way to save space in your modern bedroom is to use wall lights instead of table lamps beside the bed.
Choose wall lights with sophisticated style over table lamps to keep your room stylish and lots more functional!
1. I love the way the accordion lamp can be stretched to reach the bed for reading and then stowed away in the daytime (top image). Get the look with the Robert Abbey Bruno Bronze Scissor Arm Pharmacy Wall Light (link below). This is also a great option if you're really short on space and your bed is nestled in a corner.
Image from Bee of Design
2. Mounted high above the bed, these brass pharmacy wall lamps bring a little understated vintage-chic to the palette of this cottage bedroom. Get the look with the House of Troy Addison Brass 8-Inch-W Pharmacy Wall Lamp (link below).
Image from Remodelista
3. Mix things up! Mount different wall lamps on either side of the bed, or use one wall sconce and one table lamp-- if they have something in common (either they are the same color and different shapes, or vice-versa) then they will add visual interest without looking chaotic.
Try the Chelsea Textured Black with Glass Sonneman Edison Sconce paired with the P3 Bronze 6 1/2-Inch-H George Kovacs Swing Arm Wall Lamp (links below).
Image from Marie Christine Design
4. A suspension wall lamp can pack a real visual punch when brought into a bedside context--I've got a serious crush on the Sonneman Perch Modern Black Brass Metal Plug-In Wall Lamp.
1. Robert Abbey Bruno Bronze Scissor Arm Pharmacy Wall Light 2. House of Troy Addison Brass 8-Inch-W Pharmacy Wall Lamp 3. P3 Bronze 6 1/2-Inch-H George Kovacs Swing Arm Wall Lamp / Chelsea Textured Black with Glass Sonneman Edison Sconce 4. Sonneman Perch Modern Black Brass Metal Plug-In Wall Lamp
Which look is your favorite?
Images: Style Files, Bee of Design, Remodelista, Marie Christine Design
Receive the latest offers, promotions, and ideas... Sign Up For Email Alerts!