modern living + innovative design + inspiring ideas
Dart Modern Bronze 21-Inch-WPendant Light
“If you don’t include at least one geometric design in your home, shame on you!”
- P. Daniels, Photo Stylist
About Euro Style Home
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Image from The Selby
Every time I hear Pantone's color of the year announced I rarely get excited. It’s generally a color out of my comfort zone, something I haven’t seen done in any cool way. However, it only took me a couple of months to become accustomed to this year's color of the year, radiant orchid and I LOVE it.
I would never have considered it to be a favorite, but now that I see how it’s being used, I gravitate towards it. It can freshen up any home design with its feminine playfulness. Why? Let’s take a look...
1. As you can see in the above example, when paired with bright orange, it becomes feminine yet fresh. Cover an antique settee in it as an old vs. new idea and pair it with coordinating artwork for a beautiful new home design. Try using purple table lamps to add even more fun.
Image from Elle Decor
2. This version of orchid in the wall color and throw pillows works because it’s paired with a variety of colors like peacock green and a beautiful, funky pendant chandelier. This space could use more purple decorative pillows, you can never have too much.
Image from Caitlin and Caitlin
3. This beautiful home design embraces the color to the max with a coordinating sofa, love seat and window treatment combo. By using a variety of frame treatments and a funky green plant, it reads modern and unexpected.
Image from Design & Trend
4. Last but not least, this simple modern space shows how the addition of red to radiant orchid can take a soft color and really make it bold.
Are you digging this year’s radiant orchid? How would you use it?
Images: The Selby, Elle Décor, Caitlin and Caitlin, Design & Trend
Freshen Your Home Design With Radiant Orchid
Receive the latest offers, promotions, and ideas... Sign Up For Email Alerts!