modern living + innovative design + inspiring ideas
Possini Felicity Modern Chrome Pendant Light
"Sleek and modern, yet not minimalistic."
- BOMD, Carlsbad, CA
About Euro Style Home
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Let's talk about your bedroom style. Whether it's the month of February (Valentine's Day) or any other month of the year, you want your bedroom to be a space filled with love and feature a design that supports that love. Right? Ok, here's some tips...
1. Center Your bed. Beds that are crammed into one corner make it hard to get in and out with ease. If you want two to tango–you gotta let the energy flow!
2. Romantic lighting in the bedroom is key: Soft, flattering and romantic light creates mood. Be sure to have mood lighting in the bedroom that can be adjusted from the bed. Whether it’s modern wall lights with sophisticated style, a bed-side lamp with dimmable lights or a modern floor lamp. Just be sure that the light is soft, flattering and romantic. Edison-Style light bulbs give an old-timey feel and have an amber glow that are warm and flattering. And colored lamps, like this red, glass pendant lamp or this wire pendant--can create an instant racy and romantic vibe.
Geo Damask White Solid Wood Queen Nailhead Wingback Bed / Jayne Oat Beige Glazed Ceramic Robert Abbey Table Lamp / Sonneman Lina Black Brass 57-Inch-H Floor Lamp / Tesler Edison Style Candelabra Base 60W Light Bulb / Possini Euro Darby Black with Red Glass Pendant Light / Caycee Red 1-Light 14-Inch-W Modern Pendant
3. Candles are a must. Candles emanate heat, the perfect amber light and flicker, and they smell good. Be smart about candle placement (for obvious reasons) but use candles abundantly. My favorite sexy scents are gardenia and citrus.
4. Bring in Fresh Florals: Pinpoint the kind of romance you want to bring into the space when picking out the flowers. Want to have a sweet night? Go with roses. Want to have a spicy night? How about Birds of Paradise? Looking for a cuddly night? Try Irises. In the mood for adventure? Try red poppies.
5. Good music can make or break a romantic mood. My vote goes for a little Brazilian jazz!
Images: Direkt Press Goteborg, Terrys Fabrics Blog
Decorate Your Bedroom in the Style of Love
Receive the latest offers, promotions, and ideas... Sign Up For Email Alerts!