modern living + innovative design + inspiring ideas
Carisoba 28" Wide 6-Light Antiqued Silver Chandelier
"There’s nothing more beautiful than a sparkling chandelier with a modern twist!"
- C. Glendel, Product Designer
About Euro Style Home
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Yellow is the color of happiness and this is true for home design as well. Though it conjures up images of sunshine and daffodils, yellow can be drowning and cause exhaustion to the eye when used too much so be careful.
When used sparingly however, it can be refreshing, unexpected, and joyful. Like lemon juice, try focusing the yellow in a small concentrated dose. Using yellow in such small amounts is especially successful when the other colors in the room are muted or neutral so that the color pops. Some combinations to consider are whites, blacks, greys and navys.
Here are some additional ways to freshen up your home with the color yellow.
1. Paint just the panes of your windows. By doing so, you’re focusing the attention on the beautiful outdoors while also creating an unexpected focal point.
2. Upholster matching armchairs in solid yellow, like this angelo:HOME Lily Saffron Zig Zag 30-Inch-H Accent Chair. Notice, that everything else in the room is neutral but flows well because of additional brightening colors like the gold accents.
3. A yellow sofa, like the Ennis Modern Golden Yellow Groove Sofa. The biggest way to add an impact to any room is to upholster a sofa in a bright, solid color like yellow. It instantly becomes the focal point to the room and draws the attention to the full space so that the room appears large. Combine the yellow with graphic pops of blacks and whites for a modern, young look.
4. A painted staircase. Nothing says unexpected like a colorful staircase. This industrial piece all of a sudden becomes whimsical and refreshing.
5. Yellow fridge. If you’re lucky enough to go with a fun fridge, try a yellow one. The color yellow increases the appetite so it’s the perfect use of the color.
6. Speaking of yellow in a kitchen, this more green/yellow applied to the kitchen cabinets is one that doesn’t scream out so much and fits well with the neutral décor.
Are you a fan of using the color yellow?
Images: Designspiration, Mark D. Sikes, Apartment Therapy, Sunnys Blog, The House That Lars Built, Moss Eclectic
Add Yellow to Your Home Design For Sunshine + Style
Receive the latest offers, promotions, and ideas... Sign Up For Email Alerts!