modern living + innovative design + inspiring ideas
Minka Aire Light WaveCeiling Fan - 52" White
“Your ceiling fan should feel seamless and act as a quiet contribution to your overall design!”
- B. Powers, Interior Designer
About Euro Style Home
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
With spring in the air it’s time to set your sights on sprucing up your outdoor spaces. One of the easiest, and most effective ways to do so is by updating your lighting.
If you’re a traditionalist start by adding a pair of outdoor lanterns to each side of your front door and you’ll create an instant update, while still maintaining a classic look. A bright painted door and some amazing topiary’s don’t hurt either.
If you have the space, try hanging an outdoor pendant light or smaller chandelier from your porch. I’m in love with the gold one pictured here, just make sure it truly is an outdoor light.
Lastly don’t forget about your other outdoor spaces. For example I adore how a more industrial light hangs from the side of this home. This type of light would look great on a garage, back door, shed or pool house area as well.Honestly no more than ever the outdoor lighting possibilities are endless and I’ve rounded up my top outdoor looks to help you narrow down the field.
1. The Barn Wall Urban Sconce is the perfect accent for a garage, barn, and/or shed plus you can’t beat the price!
2. The Milo Brass Pendant may be my favorite as I’m having a major gold moment. Gold, or brass adds such richness and warmth to any space.
3. The Quoizal Hanging Lantern is the perfect traditional example which looks good on any home regardless the style.
4. The Toledo Oil Silver Light has such a fantastic industrial vibe I would love to see this on a more modern home or loft space.
5. The Abbington Driftwood Wall Light is by far the most traditional of the bunch, but a great lantern is such a classic, one that never goes out of style.
6. I love the subtle hint of Moroccan design that the Lavary Minka Lantern brings. I can just picture this on a California Style Spanish home, or any place that has a bohemian vibe.
Images: Georgian Design, Traditional Home, Steve-H
With a keen eye for appreciating the beautiful everyday and a desire to share it, Mandy Kellogg Rye launched Waiting On Martha, Inc. the popular lifestyle blog and boutique, in 2012. Her work has been featured by Lonny Magazine, Domaine Home, Jezebel Magazine, Atlanta Homes & Lifestyle, and House Beautiful She's also a regular contributing editor for Style Me Pretty Living and Occasions Magazine and an editorial stylist working with brands such as Kate Spade, The Gap, Old Navy, Smirnoff, and Cascadian Farm.
When Mandy isn't Martha she can be found with her husband Anthony and Cavalier King Charles Addison enjoy a little Southern Hospitality in her city of Atlanta.
Receive the latest offers, promotions, and ideas... Sign Up For Email Alerts!