modern living + innovative design + inspiring ideas
Crystorama Bella 19" Wide Antique Gold Pendant Chandelier
"Antique gold and cut crystals-what an amazing combination!"
- CLM, Freelance Designs
About Euro Style Home
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Image from Kelly Wearstler
Kelly Wearstler is the queen of glamorous, funky spaces. The famed interior designer particularly shines with her public spaces like hotels, bars and restaurants.
Each one feels like an escape into a new world—just like how a night on the town should be. By looking at the way she designs public bars can help us learn how to create a sophisticated and unique bar for the home.
Let’ see how....
1. Pattern on pattern. Pattern on pattern is one way to really have fun with your bar space. It feels playful yet deliberate. The trick with mixing patterns is to contrast them in either color or scale. Here she used a blue and white stripe versus an oversized grey marble and it works so well! Ultramodern counter height swivel stools are bold and chic.
2. This is one of my all-time favorite bar spaces. Nothing says glamorous more than emerald green and dramatic lighting. She contrasts the heavily patterned flooring with darker seats and then crisp white counter bar stools. It makes the two spaces feel distinct.
3. The glamour in this bar space comes out in the metallic finishes and unique accessories. Try a counter bar stool that swivels for extra functionality.
4. This bar space is a bit more subdued with the color palette but amped up in the millwork like on the counter and cupboards. The counter bar stools are simple so as not to distract. A beautiful starburst pendant tops the space.
5. (top image) You don’t have to do too much to your home bar to make it pop. Try using a single color of paint, like this bright yellow at the Viceroy Hotel in Palm Springs, and pair it with a simple white swivel barstool.
To achieve a similar look for your bar, try one of these counter bar stools and make sure to get it 24-26”. These bold and chic stools can work themselves into the most ultramodern to the most complex spaces.
1. This comfortable white leatherette adjustable height barstool would be great in a dramatic bar space.2. This modern swivel bar stool can work perfectly in a more subdued color palette.3. This backless adjustable counter stool is perfect for a kitchen or a bar space (currently unavailable).4. This faux leather modern swivel barstool comes in a beautiful chrome and would be so versatile.
Which is your favorite bar space?
Images: Kelly Wearstler, Wall Street Journal, HGTV, Kelly Wearstler, A Thoughtful Eye
Get the Look: Beautiful Bar from Kelly Wearstler
Receive the latest offers, promotions, and ideas... Sign Up For Email Alerts!