modern living + innovative design + inspiring ideas
Possini Euro Design ZuriChrome Mini Pendant
"I love the sleek and soothing feelof this pendant."
- Trina McNeilly, La La Lovely
About Euro Style Home
Dwell on Design
My Modern Met
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Space-age, conical, geometric, metal and wood are all great adjectives to describe modern desk lamps. With our love of all thing modern we rounded up five of our modern desk lamps that have these characteristics.
1. With a conical base and shade the Antwerp Desk Lamp, designed by Jonathan Adler, is a perfect fit for our modern desk lamp roundup.
2. The Draper Black Desk Lamp. The name, and style, had to been inspired by the Mad Men TV series.
3. Blending form and function with a sleek frame is the Bruno Desk Lamp.
4. Designed by Carolyn Kinder, the Metauro Desk Lamp features a graceful modern wooden arc and is made from metal and wood.
5. Mixed with brass and marble the Jana Desk Lamp curvilinear lines are oh so mid-century inspired.
So, leave us a comment letting us know which is your favorite.
Image: California Home+Design
Salone Del Mobile, Milan 2014 is an interior design event that took place in Italy earlier this month, where you'll find young talents and established brands showcasing their design products.
The best part is that design lovers, like us of course, come away learning design trends and what to plan for within the industry. Although we were unable to attend, there are wonderful recaps online such as Decor8's blog post by contributor Gudy from Eclectic Trends.
Our two favorite trends they shared from Salone Del Mobile were black + white and marble!
1. Black and white
We're happy this trend is sticking around a while longer. We can't help but fall in love with every interior we see full of black and white decor!
1. Possini Euro Modern Nickel White Open Cage Pendant Light 2. Koncept Gen 2 Z-Bar Black Energy Efficient LED Desk Lamp 3. Minka Aire Wave White 52-Inch Modern Ceiling Fan
4. Loretta Set of 4 Black Plastic Contemporary Side Chairs 5. Joffrey Adjustable White with Walnut 20-Inch-W Barstool
Nothing screams style like marble furniture. Even better, modern style furniture with marble accents!
1. Arteriors Home Celeste Snow Marble Accent Table 2. Port 68 Drake Gold and Marble Top Set of 2 Pedestals 3. Marble Base Chrome 85 3/4-Inch-H Arc Floor Lamp
Did you attend this design event? We'd love to hear your experiences!.....
Images: Decor 8, 4S Blog
Image from Coco Lapine Design
With summer just around the corner, let's take it outside for a moment. Whether you're working with an entire yard, patio or a small entry way, it's easy to create a modern outdoor space you'll want to pass the time in.
Image from Lavelaundry
Start with nature. For outdoor spots that are all hardscape, use potted plants and add a water feature. Where a pond is untenable, a fountain will more than do. There are dozens of contemporary outdoor fountains that combine modern design with easy plug in operation.
Image from Marie Claire Maison
Now make this a place worth stopping in. The addition of one or two modern outdoor chairs makes your space relaxation-ready.
Lastly, if you truly love your outdoor space, you may end up staying out into the night. So add a candle lantern and enjoy the starlight by candlelight. Below are some modern looks for your next outdoor space:
Stacked Triangles 30-Inch High Fountain, Salem 13 3/4-Inch High Chrome Lantern Candleholder, Zuo Metropolitan 59-Inch Wide Outdoor Bench
As you may have noticed in the spaces pictured above, it doesn't take much to create something comfortable outdoors. Simply add plants and something cool to sip on...and enjoy!
Images: Coco Lapine Design, Lavelaundry, Marie Claire Maison
I am a firm believer that bathrooms deserve beautiful lighting just as much as any other room. Bathrooms should not be a space that collects the leftover or second best. We spend a good amount of prepping time in the bathroom so we might as well create an aesthetically pleasing space.The bathroom above is picture perfect! The best accessory is the pendant light. Modern bathroom lights create a fresh look and compliments both modern and traditional design.
Full glass lighting is a great option for any bathroom. Mostly because it compliments any style. It also looks very clean and crisp. And the best part is that it can be mixed with just about any material, color and pattern.
When picking out a bathroom light, don’t worry about it matching the other materials perfectly. Mixing and matching is not only trendy but it allows you to think outside of the box and create a fun space.
Remember, don’t overlook your bathroom. You will be surprised at how beautiful you'll feel getting ready in a beautiful space. Create that hotel like experience for everyday living!!Images: Chic Deco, Desire To Inspire, The Style Files, The Design Files
When planning your lighting design in any space, a floor lamp is always a perfect choice. And when selected correctly floor lamps add character, ample light, plus take up very little space.
1. Robert Abbey Logan Aged Brass 68 1/2-Inch-H Floor Lamp 2. Kinetic Antique Brass Robert Abbey Floor Lamp
3. Bridget Town Drum Shade 76-Inch-H Arc Floor Lamp 4.Possini Euro Burbridge Metal Floor Lamp
An artful, or more substantial floor lamp looks best next to a sofa or between two wing back chairs. For a touch of modern style or to accentuate a modern interior, silver arc lamps are an obvious choice and look great placed behind the corner piece of a sectional.
When furnishing an office, consider a sleek and simple floor lamp next to your desk.
With today’s vast array of floor lamps you’ll easily be able to find a style that suits your interiors!
Image: Architectural Digest
Receive the latest offers, promotions, and ideas... Sign Up For Email Alerts!