Free Shipping on All Orders*
modern living + innovative design + inspiring ideas
About Euro Style Home
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
As a native Southern Californian, I grew up spoiled with beautiful and impeccable weather. As I’ve moved from cold climate to colder climate in my adult years, I find myself constantly seeking out interior design styles and elements that provide a warmer weather aesthetic inside. Tropical themed rooms are a beautiful and exotic way to achieve this feel.
1. Tropical linens in a bedroom is a great start so go full throttle with the tropical theme by applying it to your sheets and pillows. Try it in different yet complementing patterns for a fun mix.
2. Use one tropical element and keep the rest plain. Tropical style can be a bit overwhelming, but if you pare everything else down in decoration, it shouldn't be too distracting to your space and should keep you feeling serene.
3. If you want a touch of the tropics start out with accents like a plant in a stylish vase.
4. Keep your accents simple. If you want an homage to tropical but don’t want your decor to be too thematic, keep the tropical accent décor simple in color like these shell lamps.
5. One of my favorite ways to bring the tropics inside is with beautiful wallpaper. Keep the rest of the décor solid, rather than patterns, so the wallpaper can be the star.
6. Saturated colors play up the color volume. Use solid colors like peacock blues and greens to bring in the feel of the style.
7. Decorate in layers for a more eclectic feel. Cover your tropical wallpaper with frames. It will have the same feel of the tropics without being too obvious.
8. Lastly, plants (top image)! Go all out and bring the tropics inside with actual trees. You can’t get more tropical than that!
How would you bring the tropics inside?
Images: Along Came Ollie, Green Like Bath Water, Anglian Home, Interior Junkie, Decoist, Sarah Sarna, Nine MSN, Design is Mine
Receive the latest offers, promotions, and ideas... Sign Up For Email Alerts!